cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Travel - Dublin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Off to Dublin in a few days, first time using o2 Travel, am I right in saying all I need to do is enable Roaming on my iPhone (already have o2 Travel Bolt-on). Also I will use Tu Go so I assume make sure 3G is enabled within the App? Any info apprecaited, Cheers.

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes just leave everything on the phone as it's already set and enable data roaming. You shouldn't have a problem. Use TuGo on wifi if you want to use your monthly allowances.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes just leave everything on the phone as it's already set and enable data roaming. You shouldn't have a problem. Use TuGo on wifi if you want to use your monthly allowances.

Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I use Tu Go in 3G mode then can I use my allowance as normal with the o2 Travel Bolt-on and not incur any call charges?

Message 3 of 42

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

No you will use o2-ie or another local network and pay normal o2 travel rates.

Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh thats a shame, so Tu Go is only useful/free abroad if connected to Wifi?

Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few options really if you are going to have wifi available for most of the time and use you monthly allowance.

O2 travel is quite straight forward: 50p for each  made and to received call. data 1.99 per day (fair usage up to 50mb). But if you are mainly going to be using TUGO and almost no data you can opt out of O2 travel and be charge the basic roaming charges (below)

Edit: now seen the other posts so ignore the wifi advice. The information below is still valid and it's an option if you are not going to use your mobile a lot slight_smile

Calling the UK and within country/ Calling within Zone/Calling out of Zone/Receiving a call/Send SMS/Send MMS/Data mb

Ireland &
Channel
Islands

18p18p93p4.8p5p25p19.6p per Mb
Message 6 of 42

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

oh thats a shame, so Tu Go is only useful/free abroad if connected to Wifi?

If you want free then yes I'm afraid, use it over wifi.

Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

So to stay in touch with friends/family at no extra cost, I should use iMessage & Facetime over 3G with my o2 Travel bolt-on?

Message 8 of 42

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Basically yes. I use TuGo over here in Thailand where I 'live' for 6 or 7 months every year. It's the only way I can justify keeping a contract.

@Anonymous wrote:

So to stay in touch with friends/family at no extra cost, I should use iMessage & Facetime over 3G with my o2 Travel bolt-on?

Message 9 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just use WiFi whenever you can. When in Spain I use messenger a lot. i don't mind the occasional phone call because for 50p you get 59 mins call time. So I wont allow anyone to ring me just to ask 'if I am ok'....    I tell them to store up the news and aim for a long conversation wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 42