cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 CEO Rubbishes Quad Play Telecoms Market?

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 CEO Ronan Dunne last week rubbished competitors moving towards offering quad play services.

Then BT entered the fray looking at multi £bn takeover of either O2 or EE.

Then Three nipped in by the back door to suggest they are also looking at a takeover of either o2 or EE.

Now we see Vodafone may be on the march again with a potential $80bn (including debt) move for Liberty Global who own cable assets across approx 12 European countries including Virgin Media in the UK which would increase its footprint of self owned fibre / cable to support its mobile networks too.

Things are hotting up! !!!

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/industries/telecoms/article4282258.ece
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's certainly interesting times Nick !
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
By the end of the year it could be, Vodafone, bt cellnet, t-mobile and orange all over again.
Wake me up, it's 2001 again!!!!
Message 3 of 6

iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

CEO Ronan Dunne has to say that for a number of reasons, one of those been his job could be at risk if and when o2 are taken over......

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

And then we'll get to the point where we'll have the choice of a cartel of 4 big players dominating followed by a government probe into breaking it up. Again. Or the cartel will need to realise shareholder value and flog off the mobile divisions. 

Suddenly I feel like I should be going to a 90's club and waving my hands in the air like I just don't care Dance 

Message 6 of 6