Did you mean: 

keeping your mobile number

Simon3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi

on the first page of the online form to keep my mobile number ie 'Your Details'. What number do I enter into the window  'Your mobile number',  Is it the number in the sim that they send to me or my own number?

thanks

simon

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Simon3 wrote:

hi

on the first page of the online form to keep my mobile number ie 'Your Details'. What number do I enter into the window  'Your mobile number',  Is it the number in the sim that they send to me or my own number?

thanks

simon

That can be any mobile number that is in use that can be used to contact you on if needed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Simon3 

You will need both numbers. The temporary number O2 sent you, and the number you want to keep ie

Fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Simon3 wrote:

hi

thanks

simon

That can be any mobile number that is in use that can be used to contact you on if needed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Simon3  Is this for a new contract with O2 from another provider? Did your old provider give you a PAC, or are you just receiving a new sim because you've bought a new phone? If it's the latter, is your old sim the same size as the new one you're being sent?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Simon3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

That makes sense that it is to add a number so they can contact me, TY

I am transferring from talktalk and have my PAC number, but not got the new sim from o2 yet. Think I might go into a store and ask them to transfer the number and contact from sim to new o2 sim, once I have the new sim.

I expect they can sort the PAC as well?

thanks

simon

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Simon3 yes, you will need an O2 SIM which you can from store and you can then ask them to submit your PAC for you too.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Simon3 Have you already given O2 your PAC? If so, the port has already started and going in to an O2 store may confuse the issue. Also be aware that porting isn't done on weekends, so you may be making a visit for nothing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 11

Simon3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have not given PAC number yet, so hopefully store visit will be ok

thanks

simon

Message 8 of 11

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Simon3 Your decision, but as said, there are no ports on the weekend. The process will not start until Monday at the earliest.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Simon3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya

Have booked an appointment with a guru instore for wedsnesday, so hopefully it will be sorted and completed then slight_smile

thanks all

simon

Message 10 of 11