cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frozen galaxy s6

Anonymous
Not applicable

my galaxy s6 phone has started to freeze most days now... i sent my phone back to o2 for repair as i have 7 months waranty still left, 2 days later i got a text to tell me my phone was void of its warranty because there was a fault with the charging port on my phone, which i can tell you my phone has never failed to charge and still charges without and fault what so ever, there are no signs of damage to my phone at all, the shop i took it to says it is in perfect condition as i always have a protective screen and case on it... when i got in touch with o2 they told me that i had to pay £229 for the repair or pay £105 to pay of my phone contract and i could start a new contract and get a new phone, they did not want to know any think about my phones damage, if they think i want to start a new contract with them after how this has been handled... i dont think so, i will wait till my contract is up and then i will use a different provider and when my wife, son and daughters contracts are up they will do the same, we have been with o2 for 5 years and this is the first time we have asked for help and this is what happens, i thought it was just me but when i have been on the forums it happens a lot with o2, if you dont believe me go on and check, just be aware if you are looking for a contract with o2, i have learnt my lesson.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We are fully aware and always recommend that customers deal with the manufacturer rather than o2 for the very reason you describe.
In your case, ask for the phone back and then talk to Samsung directly.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/product-repair/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
We are fully aware and always recommend that customers deal with the manufacturer rather than o2 for the very reason you describe.
In your case, ask for the phone back and then talk to Samsung directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As well as recommending dealing with the manufacturer we also advise taking photographs of the phone before sending it for repair. Hope it's OK when you get it back from the jokers. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have my phone back but still freezing... I am using it to send this message but took about 1 hour to get it working.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Off to Sammy now then?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5