cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fake text message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have problems with fake text messages, i.e off banks , ambulance chasers etc, that you can`t block or reply tobut only have web links.!!  all help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions
You can block text messages the same way as phone calls, either in your message app settings or by using an app such as Truecaller.
Also some O2 help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow the advice above. Another alternative to the app suggested is Mr Number for blocking calls and reporting spam. It works very well for me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

I use the ACR app and in the settings I have the option to restrict calls and texts from only people in my contact list. I don't actually use that setting. ACR also records every phone call automatically whether you receive it or make the call. It then has a popup after the call has ended asking if you want to save the call or not. Any call that comes in is screened and tells you whether its known spam and allows the option of blocking at source rather than going into your phone logs and blocking individually.

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

I use the ACR app and in the settings I have the option to restrict calls and texts from only people in my contact list. I don't actually use that setting. ACR also records every phone call automatically whether you receive it or make the call. It then has a popup after the call has ended asking if you want to save the call or not. Any call that comes in is screened and tells you whether its known spam and allows the option of blocking at source rather than going into your phone logs and blocking individually.

Is that on playstore @jonsie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

Yes it is. I find it very useful, not to infringe on anyone's rights, but with my hearing problems and memory issues I find it really helps to listen to calls especially where medical appointments are concerned. I'm always forgetting dates and times.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, if i could block on my phone i wouldnt be on here asking this.!!

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for he reply, as i said above i wouldn`t be on here if i could block them on my phone.!! 

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see nobody has a clue, especially that they can`t read my original message right. customer services on o2 are just as bad, passing the buck and saying its got nothing to do with them.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27617 Solutions

As you appear to know much more than we do I’ll wish you good luck.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11