Did you mean: 

esim plan uk just for Galaxy Watch 4 4g with phone not on O2 plan

kyber
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope you guys can help me out.

I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g with a 12 month ID Networks plan (MVNO on Three). £16 per month unlimited 5g data, calls, & texts. I only started this plan a month or so ago, so have to see it out for a good while yet (and frankly, where I live, the Three network coverage is better than the O2 network coverage.)

ID Networks don't have an esim offering.

Just ordered a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm 4g Silver on a bit of a whim from Samsung. Delivery tomorrow. £347.65

Realised (somewhat belatedly) I need an esim plan. Assume I can install this on phone alongside existing physical sim as a second network and use that for the Watch. Is that correct? (I did previously have two physical sims in the phone, one for personal use one from work use.)

Not anticipating using the Watch 4g much but seems like a good option to have. Assume Watch will work fine without an esim when I have phone with me i.e. don't have to invest in an esim plan. Is this correct?

Any suggestions on suitable low cost options? Don't want to be spending much per month on something that will be needed rarely. In fact PAYG would be fine. I think there's a £5 per month plan for 1Gb of data from O2, but I suspect this might be only an add-on to an existing O2 mobile plan rather than a stand-alone package for just the Watch.

Went into an O2 store to discuss, but all of the staff were very confused and talked about registering the O2 esim with ID Networks provider plan, which made no sense to me.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

The o2 watch plans are meant to be an add on to an existing phone contract, so yes you are correct it won't work with your ID contract @kyber .

You have a couple of options as far as I can tell: use the watch you ordered as a bluetooth connection only, change the one you ordered to the bluetooth version (bit cheaper), swap to a network that supports the stand alone function.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

The o2 watch plans are meant to be an add on to an existing phone contract, so yes you are correct it won't work with your ID contract @kyber .

You have a couple of options as far as I can tell: use the watch you ordered as a bluetooth connection only, change the one you ordered to the bluetooth version (bit cheaper), swap to a network that supports the stand alone function.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2