Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error on credit file

suecleve
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can i have a phone contact number for someone to remove an error on a credit file? unable to remortage and monthly payment set to rise from 185 to 580 if i get put on variable rate!! Please help.

suecleve_0-1648226191730.png

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@suecleve There is no phone number. The only contact information we have is here:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@suecleve There is no phone number. The only contact information we have is here:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@suecleve 

Bare in mind you have to prove its an error, and it takes weeks to remove a credit file entry

The better option is to raise a dispute via one of the CRA's dispute process

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

suecleve
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have refunded me in December ( after agreeing they should not have charged me) as I had already cancelled the contract but they still put a red flag on all 3 of the credit agencies.

Message 4 of 5

suecleve
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

2 weeks on now from me emailing credit referrals team and i have had no reply other than the auto responder saying they will be in touch within 3 days. Not sure what else i can do. Passed back to them by Twitter too. I'm now sending my email in every morning in the hope that someone picks it up who gives a s**t about their customers. below is my email

I am appealing to you by email as I understand there is no phone contact available. I have opened a case by phone on 16 march when I spoke to a very helpful person called Tokeer in the Payment Management Team

I have a red flag on my credit file which needs to be corrected urgently.

The credit files have a red flag showing the account to be 5 months in arrears in October and November 2021 – a situation which was due to 02 not closing the account when requested. Please can this be updated to reflect the situation which was fully resolved in November resulting in a refund to me. All of the arrangement to pay, arrears and unknown status flags need to be removed.

The result of this rating is causing me extreme stress as I am unable to remortgage at the end of my fixed rate deal. I have just received a letter today which indicates that my mortgage will move onto the variable rate next month – going up from £185 to £580 per month! I simply cannot accept that this small NON debt of £13 a month on a cancelled contract should have these repercussions for me for potentially many months until the credit report is corrected.

Please can someone look into this situation as a matter of urgency as I will be unable to pay this huge increase in mortgage on top of all the other cost of living increases due.

Below I have detailed the timeline according to notes and documents I have.

Timeline

Feb 2021 called and cancelled the contract as phone was unused and sim card already removed.

Feb and March DD of 13.68 still taken from bank so

7 april cancelled the DD

Received a Notice of Disconnection letter in October 2021 by post alleging there was 97.02 owed on the account.

I received checked back and found emails detailing bills and amounts owing as follows

22 oct bill ending in 0148 for 97.02

I was unable to log onto the link in the email due to the account being disconnected.

After many attempts at phoning the account was settled on 17 november resulting in an email detailing the wiaving of bills received on 16 november and then finally a refund to the bank of £66.95 on 29 December 2021

I then received by email  on 16 nov bill ending in 0149 for 88.53 ( some credit had been applied)

And on 18 november an email notifying me of a bill with a zero balance but I couldn’t log on due to the phone number no longer being active.

29 dec 2021 refund made of 66.95

Message 5 of 5