Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end of contract

vaubanwolf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my 24 months are nearly up but now getting pestered by 08452930018 number about upgrade its not o2 and cant be doing with this hassle, so now seriosly thinking of going elsewhere

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Similar thread here... You can block them on your phone...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/calls-from-08452930018/m-p/811241/highlight/tru...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's O2, not a 3rd party.

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole @Anonymous  Google the number and many bad comments about them.....Also a lot of doubt about the validity. (apologies...I am only relaying what I spent 10 minutes reading) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole @Anonymous  Google the number and many bad comments about them.....Also a lot of doubt about the validity. (apologies...I am only relaying what I spent 10 minutes reading) slight_frown

I get why people are suspicious, and in a way I'm happy,because people are starting to be aware of all the scams and dodgy sales people that are everywhere nowadays. On the other hand Genuine sales calls are automatically considered suspicious...(By the way,the customer would have given O2 permission to call and offer new products and offers and can change this with customer services)

Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get why people are suspicious, and in a way I'm happy,because people are starting to be aware of all the scams and dodgy sales people that are everywhere nowadays. On the other hand Genuine sales calls are automatically considered suspicious...(By the way,the customer would have given O2 permission to call and offer new products and offers and can change this with customer services)

There is that...but the key for me is the cold calling business. Also if they are genuine @Anonymous  they need to do something about all the negative comments on Google.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I think you need to appreciate that it's easy to spoof the number in order to hide the real number that a company is calling from.

So although it may well be an O2 (Capita) number that shows on your phone's caller info, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is O2 (Capita) calling.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

True! I have to admit personally I like to make the call myself, I never give out any details over the phone if they are ringing me...So I don't envy my colleagues job...

Message 10 of 24