Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim

zvk21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week i bought a new iphone.  When i transferred all the data from my old iphone to my new phone the eSim didnt transfer.  I spoke with O2 and asked for a new esim to be posted to me and specifically said DO NOT decativated my existing eSim when you place the order for a new esim.   Of course my existing esim was cut off that same day I pres7me as soon as the new eSim was ordered.  

The new esim didnt arrive after 3 days - all the while I had no service - and then I had to travel.  I am now abroad for a month with no service. i don’t have anyone to collect my post so they email me the QR code of the new esim which I assume must have arrived to my address by now.      I was on a live chat with O2 service rep and they said they would reactivate my previous esim.  After a lot of back and forth they finally said they couldn’t do this.  

First, why would O2 cut an existing esim as soon as a new one is ordered.  Clearly anyone who transfers to a new phone will have the same issue I had while waiting for a replacement esim to arrive (its not always possible to visit an O2 shop to collect an eSim).   

Second, what am I supposed to do now that I am abroad and desperately need phone service?  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11406 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@zvk21 

No one knows the rationale behind o2 cutting off an existing sim card, whilst one is sent out, and I would always recommend going to an o2 store for an eSim swap if its urgent, as the postal service is a shower of ....... and I wouldn't rely on it. 

This may or may not work, but do you have someone who can access your post, and get the eSim pack? if so they can take a photo and email you the QR Code, however you might not be able to activate the eSim from abroad, as it normally needs to be in the UK. 

But we have sucessfully activated an Enterprise Sim in the EU, so worth a try. 

If not then you will need to wait till you return to the UK.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148993 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@O2Emma may still be around tonight or @O2Ryan in the morning.

They may be able to reactivate your old sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 10

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @zvk21 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148993 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

zvk21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma, I await your message. 

Message 7 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @zvk21 Have you received my message ?

signature
Message 8 of 10

carwynf
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma 

I have the same issue, my Esim has been deactivated as O2 are sending a new one out. Problem is I am expecting a call from O2 Network/Engineering team tomorrow with an important update regarding an urgent issue. INC000005599505 Can you please help. I do have a spare O2 SIM card here to swap to as well.

Message 9 of 10

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @carwynf  No problem I will send you a private message.

signature
Message 10 of 10