cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

my phone has been using data when i'm not using it and has swallowed up all my credit (pay and go) how can it do this

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be a number of things,more than likely, apps updating.What's the make and model of your phone? Do you know how to check on your phone what is using data?

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you don't intend to use data you have to turn off mobile data on your phone, which will prevent access.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Switch off mobile data otherwise you will be charged for daily Web at £1.00/day. Or better yet get a tariff with a data allowance. Phones these days are designed to use data. You can just use free wifi if you wish.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It will be web daily charging you every day, turn off mobile data & use wifi only or a tariff thst includes data allowances
Message 5 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
It'll be using"background data" even if you're not actively using data, there are apps that update in the background! I find that Google is one of the worst offenders for doing this.

Switch off data when you're not using it, and try to update using wifi.

Charlie.
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

my phone has been using data when i'm not using it and has swallowed up all my credit (pay and go) how can it do this

Let us know which phone you have and we can show you how to turn data off.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7