cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirming my business details

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently O2 have updated their system recently and I have been informed that I need to confirm my business details to enable me to view my invoices. I have typed my email address which has been accepted and a code has come through to the mobile. I click on the link from the email and enter the code. I then put my new password in and repeat it further down and then I choose and answer a security question. At the final point the grey box to continue is faded out and does not let me click on it !

I have telephoned O2 twice about the same problem, both times they have been unable to help me, after being on the telephone for rather a long time they say they need to put a complaint into their IT department.

I have waited patiently over the past two months and today still cannot get past this point !

All I want to do is view Invoices on our account but cannot get past this process.

Can anybody help me please ?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No one here can help unfortunately as we are just customers like yourself with no access to accounts.
You will need to keep trying CS or raise a complaint which may get you more traction.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No one here can help unfortunately as we are just customers like yourself with no access to accounts.
You will need to keep trying CS or raise a complaint which may get you more traction.
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

How did you find out about the need to update your details? Have you been navigating yourself to the relevant section of O2s website or have you clicked on links in emails?

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous It seems that @PhoneDoc has raised an interesting question. How was this request from O2 received? Are you certain that it was O2 that you were communicating with?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous It seems that @PhoneDoc has raised an interesting question. How was this request from O2 received? Are you certain that it was O2 that you were communicating with?

It sounds genuine enough as the OP said a code was text back to their mobile, hence why I didn't question the validity of it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

It sounds genuine enough as the OP said a code was text back to their mobile, hence why I didn't question the validity of it.

I just thought that it was worthwhile asking, @MI5, as the first sentence in the OP's post says 'Apparently O2 have updated their system recently and I have been informed that I need to confirm my business details to enable me to view my invoices.' The OP doesn't say how they were initially contacted. If they replied to a link in a bogus email, a scammer would probably have all the information they would need to take it further.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's true but then again it's a business account so it may work differently to a consumer account. Sure it wasn't a trusted partner like aerial
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Until the OP comes back and replies to the query, @Anonymous, all we can do is guess, and we could do that forever.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They already have, twice apparently.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11