cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't top up o2 sim (in dual sim 'phone)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks in advance for any help. I bought a O2 payg sim yesterday to go in a Lumia 640 as a backup 2nd sim. I can't top the sim up. The website gives an error 500 (internal server error) and 4444 fails telling me to try an O2 shop - nearest is ~30 miles away. I've spent hours with O2 gurus resetting passwords, clicking on verification emails for the registration account and all looksok with that. Last attempt tonight was to ring the the complaint landline. 11 minutes later the bloke that answered suggested that payg O2 sims don't work in dual sim 'phones. When I asked how the sim knew it was in a dual sim 'phone he said he'd go and check, put on the Musak and for reasons unknown the call was killed a minute later. I only wanted an O2 sim because I was told there was a free app to use the broadband for calls if the cell signal was absent - very rural round here, so that happens a lot. Oh, I've tried 3 browsers and several valid credit cards so I think it's O2 not me. Any ideas welcome - I don't want another hour long live chat as my brain has exploded! TIA.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

O2 Grunts...??LOL Love it.

I think predictive text made it acceptable. ...Whistle

For the current UK NHS strikers that would be O2 Jeremys...

Message 22 of 22