cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia SP

Anonymous
Not applicable
When will O2 be releasing the 4.3 update for the xperia sp? Sony released it over 2 weeks ago now and still nothing! Anyone got any idea??
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are not told by O2 when they release software updates unfortunately.

They are supposed to be making this a faster process ref previous discussions on this.

Keep Checking the forum.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are not told by O2 when they release software updates unfortunately.

They are supposed to be making this a faster process ref previous discussions on this.

Keep Checking the forum.
Message 2 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's not actually been released to the UK yet but there is a good chance that O2 have the firmware and will be testing it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it has not been released in uk then how have vodaphone released it ?

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the network holds it back while they test it to ensure it works with their network ,and have the opportunity to remove bits they don't want O2 customers to have if they deem fit.

Another reason why I choose iOS.
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

when are we getting 4.3 update? 

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite simply @ksmith_93 we don't know. 😞
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

aww its so annoying been waiting so long fed up of wating ill be due a new phone by the time we get it 

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want access to firmwares quicker and it's an important issue to you then it's best to buy your phones sim free as that way you can update it as soon as it's released by he manufacturer and not have to wait for O2 to release it.

No possible O2 bloat ware on your phones either.
Message 9 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Whilst O2 are not the quickest a little perspective is required.

This is an update from Sony on 12th Feb 2014: (Note no mention of OTA for UK but might be available via PCC)

Now the Android 4.3 stock firmware with build number 12.1.A.0.266 is rolling out to Xperia SP bearing model number C5303. The update is currently available for Vodafone subscribers in Australia. It is also available in Malaysia and UK through PC Companion and via SUS.

As the update roll out is a phased process, it will not be available for all users at the moment. The timing and availability may vary depending on the market and carrier.

Firmware details

Model: Sony Xperia SP C5303

Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean

Build number: 12.1.A.0.266

Kernel: 3.4.0

Baseband version: 8960A-AAAAATAZQ-40031007-16

Sony is yet to provide the Android 4.3 for Xperia SP official changelong. But Xperia Guide has so far confirmed a list of new features for the device, which includes,

1) White UI like other Xperia handset running Android 4.3

2) New Sony Smart Camera app

3) New Sony Media apps with updated versions

4) New downloaded Xperia themes

5) Xperia stock wallpapers

6) New Xperia home launched

7) Smoother UI

As the latest Jelly Bean software is now available for Xperia SP, Sony is expected to release the update for other Xperia handsets as well.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22