cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You Accept Adverts In Return For Free Extra Data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Telefonica are in early talks which may lead to a unique offer in the uk. If you got to the end of your data allowance would you accept adverts in return for some extra free data?

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1336375/o2-parent-telefonica-trials-brand-sponsored-data-...
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Telefonica are in early talks which may lead to a unique offer in the uk. If you got to the end of your data allowance would you accept adverts in return for some extra free data?

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1336375/o2-parent-telefonica-trials-brand-sponsored-data-plans

Absolutey, definitely, without any doubt, without fear of contradiction NO,NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER. Not in a million years.  Well not at the moment anyway.  Smiley LOL

Now if O2 Community were to offer free data as part of their Community Rewards I might be enticed to consider opting back in!!!!!

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not a chance! We are continually bombarded with advertisements as it is, be it adverts on tv, google, every flaming web site we visit, hoardings everywhere we walk or drive, on the buses, subliminal advertising during tv programmes, football match hoardings. Good God the list is endless....

Message 3 of 12

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Never EVER ever..I have had enough of big brother Google too wink x

giphy-3
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like @Gerry's idea though. The idea that we could trade rewards for extra data or minutes etc instead of £.

As that would be virtually cost neutral could be more rewards winners too
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ovivo tried that and failed in epic style !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is o2 Rich. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is their speciality
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122348 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not for me...but then I am not as data hungry as many of you lot....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can see kids going for it so maybe if they made it optional it wouldn't be so bad.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
That opens up an interesting debate there @MI5. Would any mobile operator effectively force us to take adverts as part of their data offer.

I for one would be totally against given that I pay for the service.
Message 10 of 12