Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on the Underground

Undergroundwifi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently obtained a new iPhone and when I try to connect to WiFi on the underground an error message says I need to register to O2 WiFi and that a text is on its way with details.

I never receive a text, also I could use the WiFi on the underground with my previous iPhone. What do I need to do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Undergroundwifi 

Follow this info...

"In order to use the service, you must be an existing O2 mobile customer and you must register for the O2 Wifi service either at an O2 Wifi hotspot or by downloading and installing the O2 Wifi app and then registering for O2 Wifi services via the app. (You should do this before going into the London Underground as you can't register for the first time on the London Underground itself). You will need to be able to receive an SMS text message and will need to confirm an entry code that you receive via text to sign up to O2 Wifi. When customers first sign in to the London Underground service, their details will be verified to ensure they have signed up to O2 Wifi and that they are an eligible O2 mobile customer. Once this has been done, they will be able to use the service (provided they have supplied the correct login details)"

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/o2-wifi-london-underground-terms...

PS, If you have problems, then try and find the Vodafone network. You should be able to use it then.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need your old MAC address deleting so you can register your new phone.
Try this or call customer services.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Undergroundwifi, did you get a chance to try the above suggestions yet?

Let us know how you get on with this, and welcome to the forum sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4