Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on the London Underground

Gartoo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have been unable to connect to the Wifi on the tube in 2021, neither Wifi Extra nor Virgin Media Wifi. I have spoken to O2 support live chat at length, and have tried many different troubleshooting steps including:

• I have updated my software to the latest version
  • Connecting to O2 wifi (at Costa, Waitrose and an O2 store) and then the tube wifi
  • Removed my device from my O2 Wifi account in MyO2 and repeated the above
  • Visited an O2 store after online support suggested it, and as lovely and knowledgable as the staff were, they were unable to help also
  • Tried to use a different phone with my SIM and no success
  • Suggested I called this number (08444632617), but I am unwilling to pay 65p per minute to call an O2 support line regarding an O2 issue

Wifi Extra just does not let me connect to the wifi - it gives the standard iPhone response "could not connect to this wifi"

Virgin Media Wifi gives me one of two responses, seemingly at random:

1. "Sorry , we've encountered an error and you have not been signed in"
  2. "Sorry, we're having a few problems at the moment. We're working on it, so have another go later"

Does anyone here have any suggestions or would be able to provide any support? This Similar thread shows people appearing to have the same issue but no solutions were provided. Thanks in advance!

(Not sure on this forum's policy about bringing back old posts, and given this was last commented on in December I thought I would make my own)

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gartoo
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Just a heads up that I ordered a new SIM as I was upgrading my contract, and I have since connected to the wifi automatically and with no issues - so I'd recommend ordering a new SIM if you're having issues!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Gartoo
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

Just a heads up that I ordered a new SIM as I was upgrading my contract, and I have since connected to the wifi automatically and with no issues - so I'd recommend ordering a new SIM if you're having issues!

Message 2 of 2