cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi extra - London Underground

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 6s & S7 and both at times stuggle to connect to wifi extra on the London Underground!

I have been using Virgin Wifi underground since it was released and had no problem but ever since Wifi Extra has been introduced it seems both of my phones cant connect to Wifi extra at times.

Also you cant connect to the Virgin wifi if Wifi extra is present, if o2s wifi cant handle the bandwith then please let us opt out of this and just connect through to virgin!

I connect to Virgin Underground wifi prefectly fine just doesnt seem to want to connect to o2s Wifi extra at times, this has been going on for months now, I know most if not all people here are customers but has anyone got a soloution to this problem?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Many people are having problems just recently @Anonymous Have a look at thi9s thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-mobile-fails-to-connect-at-London-Underground-stations-using/m-p/966234/highlight/true#M81671  Not sure if anyone has found a solution yet?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A conflict with wifi extra makes sense and not sure there is a solution apart from opting out of wifi extra completely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

These people are strugging to connect to the wifi but I only struggle at times, it seems as though wifi extra cant handle too many people, does anyone know how to opt out?

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess CS could opt you out but if you modify the wifi extra connection on your device you should be able to stop it connecting.
Change the EAP settings from "sim" to something else which will stop it connecting. You can then change it back if you need it anytime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5