Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling and call over voLTE Samsung S7 edge

woozle_a
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a open (non-O2) samsung s7 edge updated to the latest firmware and wanted to use wifi calling as mobile signal is alomost non-existent in my house.  I contacted an O2 guru and thye said I could not do it on a non-O2 phone.  I re-read the O2 guidelines and found the 4g / wifi calling under device details and requested it tuned on.

Before this the volte calling option on my phone was shaded out, but a couple of hours after requesting the account tuned on it becam avaialble and now I have wifi calling.

Wish O2 would get their advice correct and consistent. Now i don't need to change to EE or whatever.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There are a number of devices which do not require O2 firmware.
Explained here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @woozle_a

As far as I'm aware Wifi Calling is only available on Phones bought direct from o2 and has o2 Firmware.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There are a number of devices which do not require O2 firmware.
Explained here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3