cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website sim ordering page error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I had trouble last time when I tried to order a replacement sim when I changed phones and needed a Micro. This time my parents want to order an O2 original payg sim thanks to the new pricing, but everytime they try to order it the website loads the error 404 something went wrong page. I've tried using different pc's to order it but everytime it's the same. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125967 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It might well be the case. No idea. If they can't get the website to work they are up the creek... and will probably have to choose another option...slight_frown

I suppose they could try another browser....  I have Firefox when that doesn't work.. Chrome does

All options exhausted now so @Anonymous will have to decide the best way forward.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 125967 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@AnonymousThere are many glitches to the website at different times. Your best bet is to pop instore and get the one you want from there. 

Or you could also contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

They will send you one

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Just be aware that they will charge you a top up if you go in store for one
If ordering online you don’t pay for the top up when you order.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 125967 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

They don't charge you to top up if you ring customer services for a new sim though.

As the op stated they can't get through online it would probably save a lot of stress if they took the options I offered. .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, yes I was aware of this. Unfortunatly my mothers a savy shopper and the £10 cashback from quidco for ordering & activating an O2 sim card was half of the motive, which wont track via chat 

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
A free top up - Nice one slight_smile
(Assuming you ever get the website to work) wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 125967 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Or ring customer services for the sim....It will be a quicker way to do it if you are struggling....

Nice one on the Quidco...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
I’m guessing quidco will require it’s ordered online through the website for it to track correctly though, so the only way to get the cash back is to get the website to work.
Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 125967 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It might well be the case. No idea. If they can't get the website to work they are up the creek... and will probably have to choose another option...slight_frown

I suppose they could try another browser....  I have Firefox when that doesn't work.. Chrome does

All options exhausted now so @Anonymous will have to decide the best way forward.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it only tracks the order via the website, so yes I'll try some more times then before resorting to the cs. Thanks guys

Message 10 of 14