Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way too long to get replacement iphone x

REID
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I put in an insurance claim for a smashed screen two weeks ago. Fantastic telephone service. Talked through what happened and no problem...was told the courier would bring the replacement and collect the damaged phone two days later smiling Then told the iphone x in silver was out of stock but expected within the next day or two and they would call to rearrange. Two weeks have passed. So far it's still out of stock?! I keep calling to check that I haven't somehow fallen off the waiting list but apparently they can't source a replacement phone. I realise they would like to give me a reconditioned phone and not a new one, but surely two weeks kind of changes things? I have insurance so I don't have to carry a smashed up phone around with me. And a smashed phone inevitably gets more damaged every time it's used, so now it's not always responding and my insurance is proving les and less valuable as time goes on. Have I got any options here other than waiting for an indefinite period of time for the replacement?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could make a complaint using the resolver service in this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could make a complaint using the resolver service in this link

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You could request a different colour if you’re not bothered about a silver one but if you do want silver, there’s not much else you can do but wait.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @REID, how are you getting on with this replacement, did the advice above help you get this sorted? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

REID
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having logged the issue on resolver the situation was resolved in a couple of days 🙂
Message 5 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's great to hear @REID, Im glad it's all sorted slight_smile Hope you're happy with your new phone!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear @REID & glad I could help

Message 7 of 7