Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was I mis-sold a SIM?

starfish
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Having had a problem with my phone locking after some sort of update and finding that the replacement SIM didn't work because the phone was now permanently blocked, I bought a new phone in person from the O2 shop.  Something came up about a sim card and I said I didn't need a PAYG as I was on the monthly £3 plan.  This was yesterday.  Today I was checking the receipt and the list is

1. Pre S/Sung J4+ Black £109.00 (does the pre bit mean it's pre owned?) followed by the imei and new number that matches the unopened SIM.  I have kept my original number.
  2. Pre Internation Triple SIM £5.00, followed by SIM Auto Discount 100%  -£5.00, Sub Total 0.00
  3. O2 Pay As You Go £10, £10.00
  4. Bundle S/Sung C/It J4+ Black £14.99 (this is the Case it cover)

I did take a photo but couldn't insert it.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just a free PAYG SIM which you don't need to use as you already have your own..
All phones come with a new SIM automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just a free PAYG SIM which you don't need to use as you already have your own..
All phones come with a new SIM automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

starfish
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi.  It wasn't free though, it was more than I needed and cost £10.  The phone was £109, the Case-it was £14.99 = £123.99.  The total came to £133.99 because they included a £10 SIM.

Anyway, I rang customer services and they refunded the £10.00.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That was the top up not the sim. All PAYG phones have to be topped up at point of sale but it’s at the managers discretion. They should made an exception really.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4