Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning! do not renew or upgrade with 02! Their sales agents are running a scam

Scammedby02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE IF YOUR 02 CONTRACT IS RUNNING TO AN END! DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID THIS WEEKEND. 

I was considering leaving O2 for EE as my sister has a far better deal for the same thing (£20 vs £12.50). on the online chat, the sales agent promised me the earth. but in the end, my phone has been sent to completely the wrong address today (in an actual different country, during lockdown!) despite me checking the address 3 times over online chat and twice over the phone. When I saw the DHL details has the wrong address i flagged immediatly. Was assured it would be updated over phone and email. It wasn't. 

Cut and run from this network the day you can, or you will get robbed as well! (I have proof of all this via online chat logs luckily).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Scammedby02 

If you need help, I'll ask @O2Ellie to contact you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Scammedby02
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks- on the phone (AGAIN!) now trying to desperately resolve this while still phoneless and don't know where my phone is. Will let you know if need further assistance via o2 Ellie

Message 3 of 6

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Scammedby02 I will send you a private message now and we can look in to this further for you.

signature
Message 4 of 6

Scammedby02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
UPDATE: I have safely received my phone thanks to O2 Guru Ellie on this Community thread. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Good to hear
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6