cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waitrose 02 Wifi- Single Device Not Responding- Help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Really need some help.

I'm not an 02 customer, but visit Waitrose 6 days a week- shopping, loyalty card, coffee, and usually around 1.5 hours on my laptop using their free 02 wifi.

Upon entering the store, my phone picks up the 02 wifi network, and prompts me to log in.

This was the case for my Chrombeook laptop, until 3 days ago. No prompt- says connected, but clearly not.

I have worked with a high-level engineer, performed many ping tests, forgotten the network, 1.0.0.0, etc, all the basics. Today, I performed a test. Taking an old laptop and my regular Chromebook to the usual Waitrose, plus a different Waitrose. Open both up, and see whether I get prompts and wifi.

At BOTH, the old laptop (which hasn't left the house in months) connected happily.

The (regular waitrose) chromebook refused to give a connection. At either store. A powerwash and every level of check has been performed.

The (regular) chromebook DID however get a wifi prompt and connection at a Costa on the way. That clarifies that it is exclusively an 02 wifi at Waitrose at issue, since the non-responding device picks up The Cloud, others, and, most importantly,  02 at Costa.

I understand there is a 10GB month limit cap on free 02 wifi. I do not watch videos or stream out, but do work, and have a lot of tabs open. Anyone have any advice on how to reset my usual chromebook to continue using wifi there?

I have just registered for an 02 account, which I understand is applicable to up to 5 devices. The purpose of this is to track my 02 data usage.

Advice?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Sounds like Waitrose have blocked your Chromebook from their WiFi, barring access, @Anonymous...scream

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, I'd agree with that.
Your MAC address is blocked - speak to Waitrose.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3