Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on Free JBL Speaker With P20 Pro Order

doombadger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there guys. I'm hoping this question hasn't already been answered. I did search and couldn't find anything so apologies if this is old news.

I've recently taken out a new connection with the Huawei P20 Pro. This deal comes with an offer of a free JBL Flip 4 speaker. My handset was delivered to my local store on 21/05/18 using the Click and Collect service but no speaker was included. The store assistant told me I would need to claim my speaker online using an included leaflet. When I got home, however, there were no details about this in my delivery. I spoke with Customer Services who informed me that the speaker was "listed as despatched" but couldn't provide me with an estimated delivery date. Apparently, the speaker will also go to my local store.

My question is what is the process for delivery of this item? There is no information regarding it anywhere on my account, besides the listing on the order confirmation. Do I just wait for it to come out? Will I be notified when it's on the way? Is there a usual timeframe for this delivery? Am I required to see out my 14 day cooling off period before it's despatched? I'm just a little confused.

I'm happy to wait as long as these things take. I'd just like to know that everything is as it should be, and get some idea of what to expect moving forward. Any info or advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @doombadger

I would assume if the speaker is being delivered to your local store that you will have to make arrangements to collect it from there. I would suggest you telephone them and check if the speaker has been delivered. If it has, then arrange to either collect it or, if it's possible, have it delivered to you.

Please note this offer is only available till 30th May so if it hasn't been delivered, you should speak to Customer Services again as soon as possible to get a bit more information/clarification on when the speaker was despatched and by whom. They should have these details plus either an email address or a phone number so you can contact the company direct.

All ways to contact customer services here
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
The best time to ring is between 8-8:30am when phone lines are less busy. Good luck.

Have a very enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend and welcome to the forum.

Edited to add: Please also note this offer is subject to availability and while stocks last. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @doombadger

I would assume if the speaker is being delivered to your local store that you will have to make arrangements to collect it from there. I would suggest you telephone them and check if the speaker has been delivered. If it has, then arrange to either collect it or, if it's possible, have it delivered to you.

Please note this offer is only available till 30th May so if it hasn't been delivered, you should speak to Customer Services again as soon as possible to get a bit more information/clarification on when the speaker was despatched and by whom. They should have these details plus either an email address or a phone number so you can contact the company direct.

All ways to contact customer services here
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
The best time to ring is between 8-8:30am when phone lines are less busy. Good luck.

Have a very enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend and welcome to the forum.

Edited to add: Please also note this offer is subject to availability and while stocks last. 

Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @doombadger

As with any promotion linked to purchase of an O2 phone, you always have to wait 14 days before you can claim. This is to ensure you don't return the phone within the cooling off period (14days) and then keep the promotional speakers.

As you only purchased the P20 on the 21/5, I can't understand why you are being told the speaker has been dispatched? The end date of the promotion offer shouldn't matter as you purchased the phone within the time frame.

Additionally, Huawei promotions are generally claimed via the manufacturer. Not O2.

If you aren't getting anywhere with O2 customer services, it may be worth your while contacting Huawei directly

http://www.huawei.com/uk/contact-us

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much for your quick and helpful replies. I was wondering if the 14 day cooling off period was a factor, although I'm an existing customer and this phone is actually an additional connection. I can definitely see the sense in waiting the two weeks before despatching.

As an afterthought, I think my concern was born from a complete lack of information about the promotion once the order was placed. It would be a great help if this were clearly displayed somewhere on my account section of the website. As it is that part of my order is nowhere to be seen and wasn't even mentioned in any of the follow-up emails I got from O2 about my delivery. I'll definitely be putting that forward as a suggestion when I speak to them again.

Thanks again and all the best.
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@doombadgerI understand your concern. One of the reviews I read on the O2 shop website stated the phone was great... but the claiming of the promotional offer was a nightmare

"Purchased just under a month ago no problems with phone. Really Happy but rigmarole of Trying to claim (Headphones) PRE-ORDER offer shocking incompetent customer service HUAWEI?? only downside"

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/huawei/p20

So this is why I suggested you contact Huawei directly. I wish you luck with your claim wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In a rather bizarre moment of serendipity, I've just received an SMS informing me the speaker will be delivered to my local O2 store on Tuesday.

I guess I need to learn to be a bit more patient lol.
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@doombadger wrote:
In a rather bizarre moment of serendipity, I've just received an SMS informing me the speaker will be delivered to my local O2 store on Tuesday.

I guess I need to learn to be a bit more patient lol.

Well that's excellent (if unexpected) news @doombadger

They must have run this promotion differently to the others Confused

Please pop back and let us know if you get these as promised wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @doombadger that really is excellent news. As @Cleoriff has said we'd really appreciate hearing whether the speaker was delivered as promised. Good luck.

Message 8 of 18

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No worries, guys. I'll report back on Tuesday and let you know what's what. I'm hopeful.
Message 9 of 18

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @doombadger, and welcome to the forum! It's fantastic you received that reassuring text over the weekend, let us know if you collect your speaker today, and how you like it smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 18