Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt O2 Travel Inclusive Zone

sjw211
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the Travel Inclusive Zone, does this mean I can make and receive calls to the UK from any country within the Zone?

What about other numbers within the country - eg hotels etc. in Mexico if I'm in Mexico?

What about friends on their UK mobile numbers while we're both in Mexico?

And finally, if I'm in one of the countries (e.g. Mexico), does it also include calls to/from other numbers in other countries within the Zone - eg. Panama.

My assumption is yes to the first three and no to the fourth.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@sjw211 

This is a peer to peer forum, where customers help customers and we can call n some o2 staff in particular circumstances

In answer to your question

1. Yes you can from any travel inclusive country

2. Yes in country calls are included 

3. Yes you can call other UK mobile irrespective of networks where ever they are in the world.

4.  No, you will be charged for calls out of country

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Sounds like you need to go into some of the sections in this page, then come back if anything is unclear:

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

The fact your bolt-on says "Volt" in front of it just means you got it as a Volt benefit, but it is the same Travel Inclusive bolt-on as described in the link above.

Come back if it is not answering any of your questions, @sjw211.

Message 2 of 12

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for that, I had already seen it.

Unfortunately, while it may be clear for others, I'm still not 100% and don't want to be hit with a large bill - or not use something I could have.  So, while I'm roaming in one of the countries, I'm still not sure how that relates to other countries for example.  Clarity on the questions above would clear my outstanding queries up.

It's a shame Turkey doesn't appear to be included in Travel Inclusive and is £6 a day.

Message 3 of 12

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well, the Community Guide: Roaming MegaGuide has recently been updated, and really is worth a peruse - it's pretty well laid-out, compared to O2's own help page.

Does it clarify your questions, @sjw211?

Message 4 of 12

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for that, there's some great information.  I'm still not clear on how things work though and can't see simple answers for my questions.  It mentions "daily allowance of 120 calls, 120 minutes and data roaming" for example in the Travel Inclusive Bundle.  I thought it just used your tariff.

The more you dig down the harder it is just to find the answers.

I can't see whether calls to other UK mobiles are included while they're not in the UK for example.  Or calls back to the UK..  Or calls between countries in the plan. etc.

I've asked the questions, given my assumed answers, I'll hold out for clarifications.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 12

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

It is easier if you draw up a grid, like in this post, @sjw211 - where the 2 boxes with "unknown" in are "free":

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Roaming-on-O2-All-you-need-to-know/m-p/1551698/highlight/...

Message 6 of 12

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When you're on a phone it isn't easy to find how to draw up a grid to add questions to.  I thought it was easier to type them onto separate lines.

I thought this forum was also tended by O2 employees too so hopefully they can decipher the questions and respond.

Message 7 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@sjw211 

This is a peer to peer forum, where customers help customers and we can call n some o2 staff in particular circumstances

In answer to your question

1. Yes you can from any travel inclusive country

2. Yes in country calls are included 

3. Yes you can call other UK mobile irrespective of networks where ever they are in the world.

4.  No, you will be charged for calls out of country

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sjw211 

With the Travel Inclusive Zone, does this mean I can make and receive calls to the UK from any country within the Zone?  Yes

What about other numbers within the country - eg hotels etc. in Mexico if I'm in Mexico? Yes

What about friends on their UK mobile numbers while we're both in Mexico?  Yes

And finally, if I'm in one of the countries (e.g. Mexico), does it also include calls to/from other numbers in other countries within the Zone - eg. Panama. No.

Hope that helps x

Edited to add, I started this, then had a phone call, came back to finish and I see @madasaf1sh has posted.

Luckily we are both giving the same answers 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

sjw211
  • 21 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks @madasaf1sh & @Cleoriff , much appreciated.

Message 10 of 12