Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

susanj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am getting frequent messages saying I have a new voice mail message from my own mobile phone number.
Why is this? The last one was 23 minutes ago. I don't dial voice mail, no point.
Any suggestions and help would be welcome please.
Thank you, Susan J.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

susanj
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for all your suggestions.
I tried blocking my number, turning voice mail off etc. to no avail.
Then about a week ago the symbol disappeared and I am getting no more messages.

I had turned voice mail back on by then.

Thank you again for all your contributions.
Susanj.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@susanj Try calling your phone from another, leave a voicemail then call the voicemail from the phone & delete it then it should be ok

Message 2 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@susanj dial 901 to listen to the voicemail then delete it. If you don't want to use voicemail, dial 1760 to turn it off. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @susanj, did you get a chance to look through the suggestions above yet? Are you still having trouble with your voicemail?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 20

susanj
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for this suggestion. However when I dial voice mail it says the number is engaged, as it would be as I'm ringing from my own phone, then leaves a message. It may be a scam, information from a web site ? from the U.S.A.

Thank you, Susanj.

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@susanj you just dial 901 from your O2 phone for voicemail. 

It cannot be engaged.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

susanj
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for the suggestions. I may have been confusing in my post.

I am getting messages telling me to ring my own phone number. They vary in the nuber of minutes and hours it was sent and keeps being replaced. 
On a ? U.S.A site there is a scam about this,

Message 7 of 20

susanj
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

number, nor numer, sorry.

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just block the number so they can't message you.
You can also report it to a number of areas by following the advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

susanj
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Thank you for this. I blocked my number this morning but I have a new message I hour ago saying 'new voice mail dial 'xxxxxxxxx' (my own phone number). The times change daily going up to 9 hours then a new message arrives frequently from minutes to hours, presumably  from when it was sent.
Who do I report it to? I have already been on O2 chatline and their solution hasn't worked.

Susanj.

Message 10 of 20