Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 2: Apprentice
Accepted Solution

Voicemail

I am getting frequent messages saying I have a new voice mail message from my own mobile phone number.
Why is this? The last one was 23 minutes ago. I don't dial voice mail, no point.
Any suggestions and help would be welcome please.
Thank you, Susan J.

Topics: 105
Kudos: 1,627
Solutions: 517

Re: Voicemail

@susanj Try calling your phone from another, leave a voicemail then call the voicemail from the phone & delete it then it should be ok

iPhone XR 64GB
Topics: 518
Solutions: 10,400

@susanj dial 901 to listen to the voicemail then delete it. If you don't want to use voicemail, dial 1760 to turn it off. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Hey @susanj, did you get a chance to look through the suggestions above yet? Are you still having trouble with your voicemail?

Check out some of the recent discussions:
What do you look for in a new tablet Let us know what your criteria are when picking up a tablet!
MWC - The future with 5G Have a look at some potential 5G uses, and let us know what it means to you!
Which O2 Academy gig are you most interested in this year? Check out what's coming up and let us know which gig you fancy!
Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2 - Find out the latest info on Samsung's announcement and join the conversation! 

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Thank you for this suggestion. However when I dial voice mail it says the number is engaged, as it would be as I'm ringing from my own phone, then leaves a message. It may be a scam, information from a web site ? from the U.S.A.

Thank you, Susanj.

@susanj you just dial 901 from your O2 phone for voicemail. 

It cannot be engaged.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Thank you for the suggestions. I may have been confusing in my post.

I am getting messages telling me to ring my own phone number. They vary in the nuber of minutes and hours it was sent and keeps being replaced. 
On a ? U.S.A site there is a scam about this,

number, nor numer, sorry.

Highlighted

Just block the number so they can't message you.
You can also report it to a number of areas by following the advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Currently using:

Re: Voicemail message from own phone

Hello,

Thank you for this. I blocked my number this morning but I have a new message I hour ago saying 'new voice mail dial 'xxxxxxxxx' (my own phone number). The times change daily going up to 9 hours then a new message arrives frequently from minutes to hours, presumably  from when it was sent.
Who do I report it to? I have already been on O2 chatline and their solution hasn't worked.

Susanj.