Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail gone after contract change

Kc11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I changed my contract a couple of months ago and have been trying to get my old voicemails back on my phone but to no avail. The iPhone date is on, I’ve reset voicemail, done a network reset etc, I’ve text STATE to 9011 and done the usual 1750/1760 with voicemail. I wouldn’t normally be fussed but I had a few voicemails on my phone from someone who passed away and I’d really like to be able to listen to them again. When speaking to someone from o2 they said the voicemails shouldn’t be lost but so far they’ve not been able to help me retrieve them.

I’ve since had other messages on my visual voicemail so I know it’s working. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unfortunately when you change contracts your old voicemails are deleted off the O2 server.
There is no way to recover them.
They should have been backed up first by yourself I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unfortunately when you change contracts your old voicemails are deleted off the O2 server.
There is no way to recover them.
They should have been backed up first by yourself I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Kc11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My phone was backed up before I changed but as I said when I spoke to the team they o2 they seemed to think the voicemails should still be available.

If they’re not then never mind, just silly on my part I guess.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The problem is that they are stored against your account on o2's servers, not physically on your phone. You need to record them with the voice recorder app and save them as actual files on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4