Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a mobile in the Uk to call the sle of man using o2

pippy99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon everyone, Im with o2 on a monthly tarrif. I want to be able to call the isle of man landlines and mobiles without the silly tariffs, but Im getting no success talking to o2 customer services. Some are telling me i need to get an o2 international bolt on at £3 per month, whilst others are telling me this bolton wont work because the isle of man is not listed as a country in the Internaional countries list.

Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers phil.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146924 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@pippy99 

IOM is not included 

Standard rates:

Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey Pay Monthly Pay As You Go**

Calls (per minute)£0.55£0.55
SMS£0.20£0.30
MMS£0.65£0.55

You can possibly use WhatsApp to call other mobiles with the app which would be free, but not help with landlines, however a Skype calling pack might be cheaper for that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Calls and texts to Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man aren't included in your bill and will cost extra. Voice calls cost 55p per minute on Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go. Text messages are 20p per text on Pay Monthly, and 30p per text on Pay As You Go.

O2 | Jersey Guernsey and Isle of Man

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7098 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

You asked about landlines. I'm afraid it is the same 55p per minute as the calls to mobiles

https://www.o2.co.uk/popups/jersey-guernsey-and-isle-of-man#:~:text=Calls%20and%20texts%20to%20Jerse....

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5