Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a PAC?

tarren2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I,ve given O2 my PAC, I,m moving from Vodafone to O2. Can some kind soul tell me what happens now, when for example do I replace with my O2 sim? From what I can make out, O2 will contact Vodafone and cancel my monthly contract, is that correct or do I have to contact them myself?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tarren2 

Firstly, nothing will happen over the weekend.

Tomorrow, you should get a text to your Voda number telling you when the change will happen.

On that day, your voda sim will turn off and around 2 to 4 hours later your number will be ported to your O2 sim.

Keep rebooting your o2 sim until it comes online and once started, it can take 24 hours for everything to be working correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that advice, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Most welcome slight_smile

PS. Should have said that your Voda contract will end automatically when your number moves to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's a relief, I was wondering about my contract with Vodafone, 

Thank's once again.

Message 5 of 14

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I've had two chat sessions and one talk session and my number has yet to  port across. Disappointing to say the least. Was also promised a ringback this AM but hasn't happened yet.

Iv'e just had another chat session 11am and have been promised I will port across by 6pm, here's hoping.

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You should receive a text telling you when the port will take place. Had your number lost connection yet with your previous provider?

Message 7 of 14

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I had a text,  informing me the port would take place on Tuesday, and yes, I lost my connection to Vodafone and you won't be surprised to hear I never got that ringback I was promised, and the chat sessions increased to three.

I'm getting fed up now, beginning to wish I'd never left Vodaheaven.

What more can I do? if I contact via chat, they are either totally incompitant or at worse, telling lies to fob me off. The same goes for the phone help.

Thank you for your reply.

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You have rebooted your phone I assume?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

tarren2
  • 18 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About a thousand times, even removed the battery, I'm sorry, but O2 really are hopeless.

Just been in contact with O2 again, again been promised to get it sorted, again, fingers Xd.

Message 10 of 14