Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous

Unlocking my mobile when overseas

Im in singapore and would like to unlock my galaxy alpha to use here. With all the changing sims etc ive lost my O2 pay as you go sim. Is it possible for me to pay with some other method, the £15 charge mentioned to unlock the phone. my alpha is my favourite phone and i would really like tokeep using it. thank you.for any assistance.

Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Unlocking my mobile when overseas

As far as I know only by using an o2 sim with the £15 credit on the sim and after 12 months can it be unlocked .

you could try live chat but I do not think they will be able to assist you 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,444

[ Edited ]

If the phone is registered on the o2 network, or has been in the past, you have a chance.
Fill out the form and see what response you get.
If it was used on a contract it should be OK but you've no chance if you are trying to do it with a new payg sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Level 14: Rising star 

The alternative would be to pay an independent company for an unlock code. This would be around £15-30, maybe cheaper in Singapore. Definitely worth a shot filling those forms in anyway though as @MI5 suggests
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

@Anonymous Can you confirm if this was a payg phone and not a contract phone as you say you have lost the payg o2 sim .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services