cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unimpressed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I decided to upgrade early and buy a new phone yesterday, I specifically asked and paid for it to be here the next day (today) BEFORE 10:30am as I know someone would be at home to collect it. I then got a text from the services o2 used (UK mail) to deliver my phone at 14:39pm saying it's been dropped off to a neighbour, my neighbour is now not home and I don't know when they will return. But I have paid for a delivery service that should of been here 4 hours before the time that it was actually delivered. I'm unimpressed with the fact I have now wasted money on a service that wasn't in the slightest bit accurate, considering I've just paid a fair amount to upgrade my phone early. I may now have to wait a few days to receive my new device due to work. What will o2 do about it? I could and should of had my new device this morning.

I woke up in a very good mood as i was excited to have my new phone.
Any ideas to resolve this and my now very aggitated mood?!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sure it is, but the neighbour might be a dodgy individual and not return it. But hey, at least it wasn't left outside your front door or tossed over a fence. slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
No delivery is guaranteed, there is just to many variables. Traffic, break downs, illness etc.

I've never heard of a service that promise a delivery by a specific time, unless its agreed on the day, as the driver can plan his route etc and will be able to give a rough time.

Well all I can says is all major uk carriers do have timed delivery services and in the past have used loads of them including Royal Mail special delivery . TNT before 9 as an example picked up in somerset at 15:30 delivered 8.45 TRURO Cornwall next day. Saved me the drive .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 19

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

I don't tend to use these services often. Maybe I'm just cheap lol. But the likes of Argos etc will call on the day to offer an est time. Didn't think a small packet currier would be able to offer such a promise in advance. Could mean a van running 50 miles or more half empty.

Message 13 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well the couriers o2 use to dispatch multiple hundreds or thousands of parcels a day can and so can a lot of other business to consumer parcel services 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

DPD give a specific timescale within an hour....they also give you the name of the driver and a map so you can track his progress...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 16 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Curr946 I think you're a bit off in your beliefs that timed deliveries aren't possible. UKMail aren't a small company they're a huge company. I'm also certain they do offer timed deliveries. 

As with most couriers if you're willing to pay a premium they'll get a package to its destination before a guaranteed deadline.

Anyhow, it seems the op in this case was offered such a service and hopefully will place a complaint to get a satisfactory resolution.

Message 17 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@gindygoo Yeah would appear so. I stand corrected and it's good to know this is possible, even if it's rather expensive.

@Anonymous did you get your phone from next door?
Message 19 of 19