cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unimpressed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I decided to upgrade early and buy a new phone yesterday, I specifically asked and paid for it to be here the next day (today) BEFORE 10:30am as I know someone would be at home to collect it. I then got a text from the services o2 used (UK mail) to deliver my phone at 14:39pm saying it's been dropped off to a neighbour, my neighbour is now not home and I don't know when they will return. But I have paid for a delivery service that should of been here 4 hours before the time that it was actually delivered. I'm unimpressed with the fact I have now wasted money on a service that wasn't in the slightest bit accurate, considering I've just paid a fair amount to upgrade my phone early. I may now have to wait a few days to receive my new device due to work. What will o2 do about it? I could and should of had my new device this morning.

I woke up in a very good mood as i was excited to have my new phone.
Any ideas to resolve this and my now very aggitated mood?!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You could contact customer services. If you were in I have no idea why they left it with a neighbour?

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Until you get this phone it is O2's responsibility to sort out @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure your neighbour will be home at some point today unless they've left the country with your new phone wink
Seriously though, you can probably get the extra delivery charges refunded if you give CS a call and explain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 19

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous Does your email receipt for your upgrade show a charge for postage? (i.e. you can confirm that you were charged for a delivery service) as O2 next day is free anyway, so is there a chance the person who processed your upgrade just said it would be there before 10:30 rather than charge you for this service.

I'm not advocating this, but might be worth checking. Definitely worth a complaint, as a minimum they will give you your postage charge back, and hopefully some form of goodwill.
Message 4 of 19

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
No delivery is guaranteed, there is just to many variables. Traffic, break downs, illness etc.

I've never heard of a service that promise a delivery by a specific time, unless its agreed on the day, as the driver can plan his route etc and will be able to give a rough time.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 19

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Curr946 Royal Mail Special Delivery offer delivery by a set time, for a cost, you can choose pre 9:30am as well as the normal (I believe pre 1pm), so there are services out there that offer it.

I think the most they are liable for if they miss it though is the cost of the delivery... (could be wrong though)
Message 6 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

You could contact customer services. If you were in I have no idea why they left it with a neighbour?

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Until you get this phone it is O2's responsibility to sort out @Anonymous

@Anonymous You should definitely contact customer service using a number in the link provided by @Cleoriff. Did you request that the package be left with a neighbour if you weren't home? If you don't get a reasonable answer from customer service, you can lodge a formal complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 19

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
aye but royal mail have how many sorting offices... ukmail??

Thing is though, if next door don't return the phone, surly this would be an issue for O2/UKmail and not the customer, who at the end of that hasn't received their goods.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's not as simple as knocking on your neighbours door when they get home. ..?

Message 9 of 19

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Anonymous! Sorry to hear you have to wait slightly longer than expected to enjoy your new phone. The £7 premium delivery is dependent on ordering before 8pm the previous night. If you did indeed order prior to 8pm, then, as others have suggested, customer services should be able to refund or credit the delivery charge.

Hope this helps

Message 10 of 19