Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to London Underground WiFi

Bamboccio
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am getting this error message since the last few days after logging in to the WiFi via the the standard O2 page:

Sorry we're having a few problems at the moment.  We're working on it, so have another go later.

Any one can help?

Simone

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Success then.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 76

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bamboccio
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I could not login to the old access point (Virgin WiFi) but the new WiFi Extra access point still works.

To me it looks like that O2 has now WiFi Extra as its own dedicated WiFi access point, so all in all it is success but unrealated to re- registering to the O2 Wifi.

I guess it is time for O2 to update their instructions on how to connect to the WiFi access point.

Message 73 of 76

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Connection to wifi extra is automatic and is controlled by the sim card in phone.
No other registration is required.
Normal o2 wifi should be completely independent.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 74 of 76

Bamboccio
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5,

I understand what you say and it is correct (WiFi Extra worked for me while not registered to the O2 O2WiFi) altought it is somehow orthogonal to this post: this is not an O2 WiFi related post, this relates to having WiFi access in the London underground.

I never had a problem connecting to O2 WiFi, I had a problem - like others in this thread - connecting to the Virgin Provided London Uderground Free Wifi:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/products-and-services/wifi-on-the-underground

The service as described in that page stopped working about a month and half ago.  At that time there were no WiFi Extra access points in the London underground stations so when in the London Undeground I and others could not use the service.  One of the suggested solution at that point was to re-register on O2 WiFi, as solution that infact did not work.

Now those instructions still do not work but in pretty much all london underground stations there is a WiFi Free access point which in my case can be used instead of the service described above.

So, as far as I am concerned, the issue is closed, I can only suggest that O2 removes or updates the page and gives the right information to all customers.

Message 75 of 76

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for clearing the confusion mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 76 of 76