Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk Call Centre's ?

lionwing73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spoke to O2 Customer services and was pretty convinced I was not talking to a UK based call centre.  I know O2 had plans to reduce the number of UK based call centre staff but while the call was handled professionally there was little empathy and a few communication difficulties.

I have always felt that one of O2's strengths were the UK based call centres...shame from a customers point of view and sympathies to the staff who have been moved onmy this process.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

lionwing73
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was discussing using my phone (on contract) abroad.

There is a data bolt on which offers 15MB daily allowance at a cost of £1.99 plus various addtional costs associated with texting and making calls.

My conclusion was that it could be quite expensive to use the phone abroad and thaty 15MB of data woudl go nowwhere on a smartphone!

Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Always try to use free wifi abroad and switch mobile data off. For calls and texts use TuGo so that calls and texts come from your allowances, again over wifi.

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just rang O2 and was surprised to hear that the call centre lady had a South African accent. Then she asked if I was South Africa, I said yes, she told me that some of O2's call centre is base in Cape town South Africa. It cost a lot less to run in SA than in the UK. The call centre lady said you may get through to the uk call centre are the SA call centre you just don't know.

Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is correct. O2 have call centres here in the UK and South Africa.

Not entirely sure why it matters though as long as the service is good and you get the advice and support you need???
Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Indeed, that is correct.
I've spoke to them and found them most helpful.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have had no problems with the SA call centre but there is the option  of asking to be transferred to a UK call centre if you wish... 

Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had long protracted call with South African call centre. Very hesitant. Not confident and long waits whilst the lady searched for answers. Not good,
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 18 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Makes no difference where the call centre is located - It's the level of training and ability of operator that matters.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Makes no difference where the call centre is located - It's the level of training and ability of operator that matters.

Oh they get training then? Something I have doubted for a long time. Needs to be updated annually and be current. Operatives should also have a good understanding of the English language .:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 25