**URGENT MATTER**UNFAIR DEFAULT**EFFECTING MORTGAGE OFFER

PV92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I trust this message finds you well.

Yesterday, I had a conversation with a member of the payment management team regarding an issue of which I was previously unaware. In 2020, I entered into a contract which I duly fulfilled and terminated (and confirmed with an 02 customer representative) before relocating abroad in January 2021. Despite my efforts, Melissa, the representative from the payment management department, could not locate my details in their records. She suggested contacting Morecroft debt agency and Lowe debt agency to investigate further, but neither of them could find any trace of my information. Consequently, I discovered a default on my credit report, which is adversely affecting my ability to secure a mortgage upon my return to the UK after three years abroad. This situation has caused significant stress and is detrimental to my mental well-being as I seek answers without success.

I have not received any communication, be it letters, phone calls, or emails, regarding this matter. It is profoundly concerning that a default has been placed on my credit file for a debt of which I have no knowledge. Despite my exhaustive efforts, neither O2 nor the debt agencies can provide any clarity on the origin of this default. It appears to have been unjustly placed there. I have invested considerable time, approximately ten hours, attempting to resolve this issue with O2.

I kindly request a thorough investigation into this matter. My primary objective is to understand why the default has been registered and to have it expunged from my record, thus enabling me to proceed with my mortgage application unhindered. Should there be any outstanding debt that again I have been made unaware of, please inform me promptly so that I can rectify the situation and bring closure to this ordeal. For someone to receive a default on there credit with no correspondence to advice of any debt or default was ongoing, I find very unfair, neither given the opportunity to clear what it was that may of coursed this. 

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter.

Warm regards,
Paige 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@PV92 

This is a customer community, not O2.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or unconfirmed amendmentteam@o2.com
You can write to or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2