Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO BLACKLIST LOST PHONE

Irshad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have lost my phone today and called o2 to block the simcard and phone. They blocked the simcard and sent me a replacement but the very unprofessional lady on the phone said as the phone was not bought from o2 they cant blacklist the device and i have to go to the manufacturing company to do that. She said o2 dont have no information about the phone,whereas in the begining she asked me that what device i was using with the simcard and she confirmed that i was correct abt the make and model. I never bought that device from o2 and never told o2 that i have that particular device so how come o2 had that information.

As far as i know a phone can only be blacklisted by network provider the phone was being last used on.

So can someone help me with this as my insurance company need the blacklist proof and proof of usage.

I even asked for a proof of usage and again same answer . We can only provide proof of usage for the simcard and not the device or any information of the device.

I hereby ask any expert to help me out in this situation.

Thank you
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Irshad
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any help is greatly appreciated thank you
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It doesn't matter where you bought the phone as O2 will have the IMEI number.

@Martin-O2 ?

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If the phone was being used with a O2 sim then it will have registered on the network. As long s security is passed there shouldn't be a problem.

I would call again and speak to another adviser.

Message 4 of 11

Irshad
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly i have done this in the past with vodafone and virgin and they helped me out straight away. I dnt know why this lady said they dont do it. I am on chat at the moment with o2 and the chap is happy to help in this matter lets see how it goes
Message 5 of 11

Irshad
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just got confirmation from o2 chat saying that they have processed my request and will receive proof of blacklisting and proof of usage to my email
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Excellent, glad you got it sorted. Losing a phone is bad enough but more so when customer service mess you about. Hope you get the insurance sorted now too.

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well you learn something new every day. I have deleted my previous comments as I was using my own personal experience.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Glad to see you were able to get this resolved, @Irshad. It's totally absurd that customer service advisers within the same company don't understand their own policies, and give customers differing information. Do they just make it up as they go along if they don't know the correct solution? Why aren't they consulting a supervisor or escalating the incident if they don't know the right answer, instead of leaving it to the customer to chase around until they get a result? Ridiculous.Crazy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Irshad
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The more i am surprised is the lady even told me that she will consult this with her advisor and the advisor even said the same thing as she mentioned. I know that was a ridiculous customer service. I even got the report on my email already. Thanks for your advise guys.
I was 100% sure that one way or other i will get that from o2 .

I hope o2 dont give me a second thought of leaving them in future.
Message 10 of 11