Did you mean: 

UK Voicemail message - ringtones abroad

Yaldi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

Due to business purposes, I don't want a couple of clients to know I'm abroad while working on a deal. I think that if I put my iPhone on 'Do Not Disturb' it'll place any calls straight to voicemail avoiding a foreign dialling tone to be heard.  However, I am concerned that the 'welcome to the o2 messaging service' message will change and a message from the country I am in will be heard.

Will it go straight to the o2 messaging service and I shouldn't fear this?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No that won't work because the network has to connect to your phone so will call it on the roaming network. As far as I'm aware you have to use a forwarding service to a UK landline or Skype number. I'll see if I can ind the relevant threads as this has been asked before.

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

On checking it appears you are correct DND will stop the phone ringing and calls will go directly to your voicemail service. Sorry for the misinfo.

Message 3 of 7

Yaldi
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

On checking it appears you are correct DND will stop the phone ringing and calls will go directly to your voicemail service. Sorry for the misinfo.

No need to apologise! Thank you for the confirmation. I think if I turn my phone onto airplane mode and Do Not Disturb it'll go straight to voicemail.

I'm only away for a couple of days but I may need to text and occasionally make an outgoing call. 

Will it definitely go to the "o2 messaging service" and the incoming caller will hear the UK voicemail greeting and not a greeting from the country I am in?

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

Yaldi
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions