cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave O2 and stop further charges on Auto-Save programme...

Mexximus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I'm looking for some advice please.

It seems to be a bit of a minefield trying to end my 24 month contract with O2!

I have rang O2 a few times over the past couple of months to ensure I'm not charged any extras/further fees after cancelling my 24 month contract. 

I rang in July one month in advance and asked this question specifically and was reassured there would be no further charges after cancelling if it was a few days before...

I get through to an off shore call centre on the 4th Aug and they tell me my contract is cancelled and send a PAC code...

My contract ended on the 8th August and my PAC code is only just going through today on the 10th Aug with a different provider.

I now get a message saying I'm on an auto-save programme which I don't want to take out or pay for!
How do I cancel the auto-save charges of £17 (get a refund) and just leave O2. How do I stop this hassle from reoccurring in the future and stop auto-save from charging me after my contract ends. I was reassured by an advisor last month that I wouldn't get any further fees or auto renewals.

It's been quite a stressful experience just trying to get help and leave.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

I'm not sure what an auto save program is, something I've never heard off.

Once your number transfers your account with O2 ends. There may be a residual payment, but that's it.

Can't see how O2 can charge for a number that is no longer with them.

Maybe another of our members have heard of this, but we have no O2 staff here to ask

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Found this.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/auto-save

It should mean it will end when your PAC is actioned.

Th

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3