cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to claim free Samsung Convertible Wireless Charger after purchasing Galaxy S8+

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was sent a leaflet with my new phone saying I'm eligible to claim a free wireless charger. 

However, when I visit the link Samsung.com/uk/02wirelesscharger - the page isn't found.

I then contacted 02 webchat and they gave me a number to call - 01425284000 - I called it but the personm who answered said it was the wrong number.

Cutting to the chase then....

Has anyone actually managed to claim the charger AFTER trying the broken URL link? If so - how did you do it?

Thanks, Steve

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Scanned receipt.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased the phone in good will having been a customer for over 10 years, expecting to be able to claim the charger. Finding the site has been hideous, I've waited for the xx days for the contract to be formalised, and now cannot claim as its outside the window. I will be shopping elsewhere in ther future, not O2. 

Message 22 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue, followed the link given on the leflet and nowhere to claim. I spoke to O2 and was told that i had to claim 14 days after recieving my phone.

I have just tried using the links provided here and it says prmotion closed. I literally waited 14 days and now feel ive been given incorrect information and conned out of my free charger which was 1 of the reasons i chose the handset.

More info
rage
Message 23 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same issue, followed the link given on the leflet and nowhere to claim. I spoke to O2 and was told that i had to claim 14 days after recieving my phone.

I have just tried using the links provided here and it says prmotion closed. I literally waited 14 days and now feel ive been given incorrect information and conned out of my free charger which was 1 of the reasons i chose the handset.

More info
rage

The thread you have posted on was for an old offer.

The latest offer was here http://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/o2wirelesscharger/ but that link is now also dead, but it shouldn't be.

@Martin-O2 @Marjo can you help with a working link at all please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I have just tried that supposedly working link @MI5 and get this....

"The page you requested is not available

Sorry, we are having a problem executing your request.
The page you requested could not be found."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, that's why I said it's dead - it's supposed to go live from the 18th Jan for people to claim.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, they've removed "O2" from the url ??

Currently using:
Message 28 of 36

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well that one seems to work now. Not sure why they changed it?

Maybe you can @mention the two who are trying to claim....

Message 29 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Just @Anonymous on this thread but there was another I think that needs updating.....

Currently using:
Message 30 of 36