Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to keep

Steph_b88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I ordered my new phone I opted to keep the number I was currently using, when the phone and SIM card arrived it wasn’t set up with the number I wanted to keep. I followed the link of how to do this and got the pac code. It said that if it was done before 17:30 that day it would be transferred over by the next business day. I’ve been waiting nearly 3 days now - how long does this actually take to do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Steph_b88 

You don't use a pac for this if you were with O2 previously..

How to here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Process is next day if done Monday to Thursday but no ports over the weekend.

Normal SIM swaps are usually completed in hours though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Steph_b88 , how are you getting on with your number transfer? Did you manage to get everything sorted after you last posted on here, or do you need any additional help? It would be great to hear back from you.

Thanks @MI5 for the info above! slight_smile

Message 3 of 5

Steph_b88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh it’s been a right long haul. I had to phone up and then it was a nightmare with my security question to even talk about my account, I hadn’t even set up a security question to begin with so I don’t know what that was about. Anyway, the lady then said it wasn’t on the system I had filled in the online form so we resent over everything to find the pac code I gave was apparently invalid so after going to and fro, I managed to get that sorted. Unfortunately now as it’s friday I’m going to have to wait until Monday for it to be done. Fingers crossed it’ll get sorted. Thank you for responding to see how i have got on.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck but I actually suspect it may be Tuesday now before it transfers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5