cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up my sons pays you go with my phone contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi any one know if I can use my O2 contract phone to top up my sons phone x contract my old iPhone 5s before I upgraded its on O2 but I'm unlocking it to all networks can I top up his pay as you go phone with my contract phone though and payment or charge to mobile phone credit please let me know if anyone knows if I can do this mobile recharge thanks PsychicEminem
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can top up to 3 devices using your phone. I know this I did it with my son and his partner when they were having a hard time. I added their numbers by contacting CS in the first instance...and registering their numbers....Then when you dial 4444 you will be asked if you want to top up your phone or another device. You then have to input the number you wish to top up. Job done...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You can top up to 3 devices using your phone. I know this I did it with my son and his partner when they were having a hard time. I added their numbers by contacting CS in the first instance...and registering their numbers....Then when you dial 4444 you will be asked if you want to top up your phone or another device. You then have to input the number you wish to top up. Job done...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There is a useful "ways to pay" thread here also by Cleoriff http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/td-p/874982
I'm not actually aware that you can use a contract phone to top up a PAYG though, can you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Unless anything has changed in the last 8 months? I was doing it on a regular basis for my son (and partner) when I had my S3 which was a contract phone. They were both on O2 payg. In fact my son still is but manages his own top ups now...thankfully 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ah, ok, didn't know that.
Does it just add the charge to your bill then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Ah, ok, didn't know that.
Does it just add the charge to your bill then?

Apologies I was out. No it never came off my bill... it was taken directly from the card(s) I had registered with O2 from when I was actually PAYG. I was still able to use those cards 2 years later from the time I went on contract. I was then topping up my sons phone using my contract phone by dialling 4444. Thats why I presumed the OP would be able to register a card with O2 to do the same if they phoned CS.

Incidentally I have just dialled 4444 to double check and got the usual message. 'Hello welcome to O2 top up service. Please enter the mobie number you want to top up' etc etc etc'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, got it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7