Did you mean: 

Third Party or scam?

jordmagx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I always feel the need to apologise when I ask a question in case it has already been answered but I couldn’t find anything.

I’ve received calls from 01443 249004 claiming to be a third party in partnership with o2 offering an upgrade, but I don’t recognise this number so I decided to Google it and the results were very vague, with no one really knowing if they were legitimate or not. Does anyone know if this a trusted third party number or should it be avoided?

Thanks for any insights.
Jordan.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely block the number as it's a scam

Never accept any offer by a cold caller @jordmagx 

Message 2 of 5

jordmagx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are you certain it’s a scam? They knew my details and I’ve accepted offers from cold callers before, however they did have ‘02’ in their number in the past which is a pattern o2 usually have in their phone numbers.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may well be a 'trusted partner but retailers sell customer data bases to others

My advice is to call O2 and ask them to match whatever 'deal' you have been offered

So many people have been tied into a business account by cowboy companies

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jordmagx Accepting an offer from a cold caller is akin to jumping out of a plane without a parachute, something we would never advise anyone to do. Follow the advice given to you by @jonsie. You'll be much safer if you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5