Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They took upfront payment

eSPe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I need some help. My boyfriend tried to take a phone online but at the end of the application when i wrote card details it was some kind of error, we tried again and it was still the same. I thought maybe i put card details wrong so i tried 3rd time and then information pop out “ unable to continue “ and something about scoring system. After we checked his bank account they take 3 times 30£ as a upfront payment. It was like 5 days ago and this money is still in pending. What can I do in this situation? And is there any chance if we will go to the o2 and like try again we will be able to have a phone from them?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@eSPe 

o2 do not have the money, your bank do, so you need to speak to them to have the funds released to you, they will automatically fall into your boyfriends account in 24hrs to 7 working days. 

Do not try again, as every time you try it put a credit marker on your boyfriends credit file. It sounds like it has declined the credit checks,  so you will need to leave it over 30 days to try again. As it will fail again, and will also possibly set some fraud flags.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@eSPe 

o2 do not have the money, your bank do, so you need to speak to them to have the funds released to you, they will automatically fall into your boyfriends account in 24hrs to 7 working days. 

Do not try again, as every time you try it put a credit marker on your boyfriends credit file. It sounds like it has declined the credit checks,  so you will need to leave it over 30 days to try again. As it will fail again, and will also possibly set some fraud flags.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2