cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The inconvenience of Click and Collect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

So I chose click and collect when purchasing my new phone today. I selected the phone I wanted with the tarriff that suited me and 2 out of the 3 o2 stores in my town said that I could collect it today. I selected one of them and got to the final screen when I noticed that it said that they'd aim to have it waiting for me by at latest a week from now. I hesitated, it's not a super rare or uncommon model, and the previous screen said that it could be collected today, so I proceeded, falsely assuming that it was a just blanket statement in case of any stock discrepancies.

Well it said that I'd get an email when it was ready to be collected, but I received no email. I called up and asked how long they thought it would be and was told that they'd received nothing as of yet.

It's now late and I've got no email, no call back, no phone. Something that is supposed to be a convenience has delayed me in getting my product. I could have just walked in had a conversation with an actual person and left with the handset no bother. Instead the new tarriff has kicked in, assuming that I've got my new phone, and I'm left paying more than I was yesterday with nothing to show for it.

I'm going to make an extra trip into store tomorrow and explain the situation to see if they can just grab me a handset from out back and be done with it. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's left a sour taste and not something that I normally expect from o2.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It is an inconvenience  because this link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/collection-and-delivery   looks fine until you read the last two lines (In blue) which state

Get free delivery on all our devices, sims and accessories. 

If you order before midnight Sunday - Thursday, you'll get your device the next working day.
Or click and collect to pick up your order from your local O2 store. 
Collection times could vary depending on stock and staff availability. 

If you wanted to speak to someone to clarify... you could contact customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Unfortunately the store won't be able to help as online purchases are treated differently. You need to try and get the contract cancelled by calling customer service.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Online orders are delivered to the store you chose.
I've never seen a collect same day option so that may be something new that's coming nut not fully working yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It is an inconvenience  because this link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/collection-and-delivery   looks fine until you read the last two lines (In blue) which state

Get free delivery on all our devices, sims and accessories. 

If you order before midnight Sunday - Thursday, you'll get your device the next working day.
Or click and collect to pick up your order from your local O2 store. 
Collection times could vary depending on stock and staff availability. 

If you wanted to speak to someone to clarify... you could contact customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hmm I ordered my iPhone 6s (over the phone mind u) and went and collected it half hour later...

Are telephone upgrades/purchases different to online.

When I looked online it said they're in stock at the store I used, but I wanted to haggle a discount so called retentions instead of preceding online.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I've always just gone in store to buy anything. Experience tells me it's the only guaranteed way of getting it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well I upgraded the last time via CPW and it was delivered the very next day.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 7