cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from O2 Wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

In the last two days I've received a flurry of texts from O2 Wifi. They all just say 'update_msisdn' and nothing else.

This has happened suddenly. I'm no longer with O2 for mobile and I wasn't using O2 Wifi at the time the texts were received. In fact, I have been in areas where mostly only Virgin Media wifi is available - the London Underground - though I wasn't using that either, when the texts were received.

What's going on?

ps

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like your number is still associated with O2 wifi so you were getting notifications as the phone tried to connect.
You should still be able to use many of the O2 wifi hotspots though even though you have moved, except the wifi extra hotspots, of course.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I've definitely used O2 Wifi since leaving the mobile network and there have been no problems. I want to be able to keep using O2 wifi too. When I got the texts I don't think I was even in an area with O2 Wifi. When I was an O2 customer I used to use the free wifi on the London Underground.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds to me like wifi extra failing because you are no longer on an o2 sim card, but it shouldn't stop you connecting to normal o2 wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5