cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages alert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Until recently if I received a text message it would show on my screen immediately.

Now it dosen't show and I have to go into the messages icon to check if I have received any messages or not which can mean that I dont respond straightaway if I forget. Can you tell me why this facility isn't working please ?

G walker

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you have updated your software to Android 6 you will need to go into settings to allow the text app to show notifications on lock screen.
If not, tell us what phone / software you have as it will be a setting somewhere that has changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144157 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you have updated your software to Android 6 you will need to go into settings to allow the text app to show notifications on lock screen.
If not, tell us what phone / software you have as it will be a setting somewhere that has changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's an android phone do you have a theme launcher installed as not all launchers & themes will actually show notifications icons 

Message 3 of 3