Did you mean: 

Tethering restrictions?

Joro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

Does someone experienced tethering restrictions like connection to the device you're tethering drops after an hour? I use tetheting to my laptop and TV, however the internet connection is getting disconnected to my laptop every time after exactly 1 hour since I connect it to the mobile hotspot. When I turn off and on data and hotspot the connection is restored, after 1 hour is disconnecting and so on. It's very annoying, especially if your streaming or watching vids when internet is disconnecting. I'm a Tesco mobile customer btw but their advisers are unable to help. I thought it might be some fair usage restrictions or anything like that by their side or by O2, which network they're using. O2 customer services said they don't have such restrictions. I use another SIM which runs on Vodafone network and there are no such restrictions at all. There are some issues with a mast in my area which could cause this but the fact is the connection is getting disrupted on the laptop  every time after exactly 1 hour and the mobile data is still available on the phone, so it looks like some tethering restriction.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Joro 

You need to speak to Tesco Mobile and have a look at their terms and conditions, as it has nothing to do with o2

All there T&C's are here  https://www.tescomobile.com/terms-and-conditions

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Joro 

O2 would not impose any restrictions on you as you are with Tesco.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Joro 

You need to speak to Tesco Mobile and have a look at their terms and conditions, as it has nothing to do with o2

All there T&C's are here  https://www.tescomobile.com/terms-and-conditions

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3