Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tao2bill - Stripey.Com - StripeyGiraffe.Com SCAM

Molly88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I havw posted two messages today, as I registered today also.  I need help please, any help would be so gratefully acceped regarding the SCAM above, which has cost me almost £100. I cannot get any help from 02, despite them recommending I write to Tap2bill and confirm I did not subscribe to this "arrangement".

When that did not get me anywhere, I wrote twice to head office 02, complaining they had given my number to a marketing company, but of course, the company simply say I typed my email address into a "banner" on their email?

Very good, except I never opened the email, it landed in my Spam box, is still there now? Is it one for Ombudsman, Ofcom, who recently have made switcing provders so much easier?

Please please help me, the £59 was borrowed, otherwise 02 cut you off, level late payment charges at you and simply elevate your bill until you either give in, or by another phone sim only and but cash on it?  I still wasn't sure enough to do that, as the"late payments charges at £12 a time" could have been enforced?

Thank you so much

Molly88

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks Paul for that great advice. Hopefully @Molly88 will follow it and it helps her out of this mess.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thank you Paul,

without people like you where would we behugging

@Payforit_Sucks 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Thank you Paul,

without people like you where would we behugging

@Payforit_Sucks 

Yes and recovering from such an awful condition is more than enough to cope with, without the added stress from this scam not aiding recovery. The best of luck with this and with making a full recovery four_leaf_clover

Message 13 of 17

Molly88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope this will find the Stripey Giraffe scam;

I am Molly a registered memeber, joined in June, desperate to find a wait to secure a refund through a scam ;  02 allowed a third party to use my telephone mobile number and they went ahead and charged nearly £58 on two occasions on my bill.  Because of the kindness and patience "0Two Customer" Level 1 Joiner showed and the patience in typing out everything necessary in order to take you through step by step on how to get a refund - I GOT A REFUND!!! 

I am aware how easy it is to get your money back and not say anything.  I am delighted and so happy that the money was refunded and only have the sign in details on the side of the paper I printed out the content was directly under  "jonsie" Level 90 Eminent  dated 19/07/2019.  I just cannot thank this person enough, as all the resentment and feeling stupid at being conned in this way, has now left me.  I hope that others follow the two page guide they typed out step by step, with links in many cases, and get a refund the way I did.  I may not have put this email in the correct place, so please please please, ensure that 02 members who have suffered from this awful scam of last year and continuing to be in full force this year, losing their precious earned money, get to know that this person's solution WORKS.  (Not shouting just so want others to follow the suggested solution they left. 

Thank you 02 Community.  I will stay with 02 now, but prior to this, was going to leave, despite for £13 a month (no mobile purchase or upgrade as yet) I get 5G unlimited texts and calls, other than premium number. Thanks for that as I know its a good package, but I onlly got it as they messed up my new phone order and my old phone exchange pricing!!!

One helpful tip, if you telephone Trainline.com it can cost you as much as £10, (it did me) ; just to book tickets as apparently they are a premium number.

I havve been with 02 for over 10 years, and if I can help anyone, I will.  So I shall keep registered and pop in time to time to see what the topics are and if I can given advice.  KUDOS to the brilliant Community  Mollie slight_smile

Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Very pleased you managed to get a refund @Molly88 

I will also tag @jonsie  and @Payforit_Sucks so they will see your post when next online...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Brilliant @Molly88 and thanks for taking the time to leave your kind comments and you were successful in getting your money back from these scammers grin

Message 16 of 17

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Molly88Thank you so much for making this post. It is always useful to know that advice has been followed and that it has worked! Victims of Payforit scams should take note - you can get your money back if you are persistent, so don't let the scammers win! Well done Molly!

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 17 of 17