cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap my sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, as I am staying in overseas and just changed a new mobile, how can I get a new nano sim and swap it from micro to nano? I wont be back for a year, please advise, thanks.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 will not send any new sims abroad as far as I am aware. It needs to be send to a UK address and then sent on by a friend or family member to yourself.

You would need to contact CS from abroad if you want to swap the number. No guarantee of success though

From abroad+44 7860 980 202International rates† Payg
From abroad+44 3448090202

Free† Contract.

You may be better to get a local sim whilst abroad and transfer your contacts over yourself

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any postal service if I can get the new sim?
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 will not send any new sims abroad as far as I am aware. It needs to be send to a UK address and then sent on by a friend or family member to yourself.

You would need to contact CS from abroad if you want to swap the number. No guarantee of success though

From abroad+44 7860 980 202International rates† Payg
From abroad+44 3448090202

Free† Contract.

You may be better to get a local sim whilst abroad and transfer your contacts over yourself

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only chance you have whilst abroad is to get a local phone shop to cut down your current sim to suit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for solution, as I need to maintain my UK number, need to swap to new sim. But will take your suggestions and ask for family help.
Message 5 of 5